5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you coming back, 21 Oct. 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD] (DVD)
I've had this DVD for over a year now so thought I should write a review. In August 2010 I was pushing a size 14 and wanted to be slimmer for my Christmas Party. I had been prancing around my living room trying to lose weight on and off but I decided I needed a video to help. Looking on Amazon I saw the 10 minute solutions recommended at the bottom of the page, came across this one, read the reviews and sent off for it in November.

I went through each of the workouts and some I couldn't do very well due to my lack of co-ordination (moving arms and legs at the same time confuses me), so I settled on doing the Dance Toner and The Ballet Sculpt workouts. I did them every day during the week, sometimes I did both if I was feeling energetic.

By Christmas I was at the lower end of a size 12 instead of the higher end where I should really have been wearing a 14. I wouldn't say I was pushing myself, any excuse not to exercise (menstrual cramps, a cold etc) and I wouldn't bother. So if I had been pushing myself more and dieting as well I'm sure I would have lost a lot more.

Anyway silly me I stopped over Christmas, then after Christmas couldn't get motivated to start again, and little by little it all crept on again. I started doing other workout DVD's a couple of months ago as I wanted to do a more intense workout, but I have found that I get bored and after about two weeks the exercises don't seem to be doing anything for me anymore. So I keep going back to my Dance Your Body Thin DVD, and after 10 minutes I feel my muscles working and I am sweating, which to me shows you are working hard!

About the DVD: It's not a prancing round the living room kind of thing, but you will sweat and you will work all of the muscles in your lower body, and if you are coordinated and can do the arm bits too then you will get a full body work out. You won't get a miraculously ripped body in a month, but you will notice a difference in a month. I noticed my thighs were slimmer and more toned in just a week.

The girl on the DVD is lovely, she really makes you feel at ease, that you can do these exercises, and she tells you how great you look, which is nice when you are dripping sweat with a face like a tomato! The other thing I love is that she does everything your way, so she'll say left leg, or go left and she means to your left not hers so you never get confused.

These exercises are fairly simple to do, but require some balance, they are not jumping around until you are breathless and panting on the floor, but they do work and will have you sweating loads. The great part is the warmup and cooldown ensure you are not walking like John Wayne the next day either.

All of this in ten minutes, it's well worth the price.

[Add comment]