on 27 August 2011
I initially purchased 'Future's Calling' and 'Eye for an Eye' by this band, and left it at that for a while given that I was flitting between other power/symphonic metal bands of interest. I was aware of this 2009 album, but didn't bother with it for a long time; not because I was not a fan of Dreamland but because I had discovered so many other great power metal bands that I kind of forgot about them for a while. However, having come back to listening to the two previous albums again recently, I felt compelled to check out the latest instalment with a view to establishing whether or not it was worth buying. Uncategorically, it is! This is the best of the three albums by far.

This album, in my opinion, is slightly more gritty and 'rocky' than the previous two which edge more on the melodic tone. That's perhaps one reason I avoided it, but don't be misled if you are into slightly more melodic/symphonic tones because this album is great. It has very very catchy songs which, since purchasing the album, just keep getting better and better the more I listen to them. This album has re-established Dreamland as a very high-ranking power metal band in my collection, and, quite frankly, one of the best!

All the songs are great - even the short instrumental outro at the end is memorable. The choruses really stick out, and to put it bluntly the whole album is extremely well-written, produced and it all sounds very current and contemporary. If you are a fan of Dreamland, you'd be a fool to overlook this superior instalment, if you are a fan of power metal in general, you'd be a fool to overlook what is quite possibly one of the best power metal albums I've heard come out of Europe in the last few years. I just can't believe I neglected to buy it sooner!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details