Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 17 January 2014
After much debating I took the plunge and ordered these boots. So what do you need to consider before buying them?

1) Quality
Excellent. They are well-made boots and arrived in perfect condition. They are suede and look like they'd last a long time.

2) Colour
I ordered black and it is a jet black, just like in the photo. The wedge is a light black colour but it looks good and is sturdy.

3) Sizing
I usually wear a size 4 (a European 37) in boots but had read these were a tighter fit so I ordered the 4.5. They fit nicely but they gaped a bit too much around the ankle and calf (I could fit my hand down the back of the boot when zipped up). They looked nice from the side though. I have slim legs - my calves measure 13.5" (approx 34-35cm) - so it is a problem finding boots. They looked OK with jeans and black leggings but just gaped too much at the calf when wearing a skirt/dress with tights. I also have wide feet (a G/H width, last time I checked) and these boots were comfortable to wear with socks. I noticed on the boot that the tag says it's an "M" for the width around the calf. Ideally, I need an "S" but am not sure if that is possible.

4) Comfort & height
These boots are comfortable to wear. I find I get sore feet if I wear a normal heel but as it is a wedge and not that high, it feels much more comfortable. I'm 5'6" (167cm) tall and the boots came to just under my knee.

I have decided to return them, pains me as it does. I could try and get a size 4 but I think I'd have the same problem around the calf & ankle plus I have to pay the postage to return them (I live outside the UK).
7 people found this helpful