on 15 November 2010
I could just write 'simply wonderful' that would be enough to describe my opinion of this book. Perhaps it's because I have quite a bit in common with Michaeal Wright (pilot, Grand Piano, French in laws who live near him) but I think it's more to do with the fact that this is a great book.

For some odd reason although I always buy the DT on a Saturday I never read his columns. Perhaps odder is that I bought this book, but with the number of good reviews it was impossible to ignore.

I am sure you know the story, bloke gets bored in London and does a sort of Good Life in France. But it's more than that. There's lot of characters (human and non human) to enjoy, bits of French, and it is a good insight into the culture of somewhat 'out of the way' France, many bells rang for me reading those bits.

It's also well written, easy to read a nice style with self deprecation and humour, I even laughed out loud a couple of times, unheard of for me normally.

It shows that if you follow your dream and can get used to the ways of countrylife you might just find a better person within.

Brilliant!