on 17 January 2012
It took a while to search through the online pages and visit a few retail bed stores before I stumbled upon what appeared to be very good value and quality. This product is manufactured by Bedmaster, who are a decent UK brand.for mattresses and beds. This item is an orthopaedic, open coiled, sprung mattress which means it's very firm to lie on, and was just what I was looking for. There's quite a range of prices online, but in the end I bought a divan base and mattress set from Happy Beds,saving myself about 25% of the cost which other sellers were charging for this product. The money I saved went on a new headboard.

For the few who claim the Ortho Royale isn't firm, you really need a divan base to support it. It's pretty well an essential requirement for this type of mattress, and beds with a slatted type base aren't suitable. With a proper solid support base all I can say is that the mattress is every bit as firm as I desired. I find that once your body gets used to an orthopaedic mattress you won't want to go back to sleeping on soft ones again. The Ortho is certainly firm but very comfortable and relaxing and I know I'll get a better night's sleep from this type of mattress than a softer one.

I'm really pleased with this mattress and can happily recommend this product.
88 Comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?