on 6 January 1999
I'm a good C programmer and thought myself to be a good C++ programmer. First, this book showed me I'm NOT (or wasn't) a good C++ programmer, then it showed me what I need to know to become one.
Lots of good solid nuts-and-bolts stuff about inheritance, memory management, you name it - the kind of things you'll need to know if you're asked to do anything serious in C++, particularly if you'll be designing classes.
I recommend this book for anyone who has a fair grasp of C++ but wants to know it better. The follow up book is great too.
What's this?