on 15 January 2011
As a West End theatre lover I have always attempted to have a seating plan in front of me when booking tickets, whether over the phone or on the net. In the past this was a laborious task as would have to do many Google searches to find a plan and very often they weren't accurate or too small to see the seat numbers. After all, they are not cheap and to leave it to the ticket agency's chance is not good enough for me. Then I was reading my weekly e-mail from Martin Lewis (Money Saving Expert) and he recommended the Theatre monkey website. Since then I never looked back.

Everything I wanted in one place, accurate reviews, photographic directions (if you're like me who gets lost trying to find my car on a supermarket car park!)and all in a fully accessible format. Could it get any better I thought? Well, it did, with the arrival of this book.

The author clearly has an in depth knowledge of all things theatrical/West End and this is portrayed in the book. It is easily read and indexed, instead of the usually high brow, over the top almost superior language of some theatre guidebooks, this is clear and concise. The 3D map is so useful. As I used mine so much I had to purchase a second copy as when it's in and out of your bag over a period of time, like any book worth its salt, it gets worn. I would HIGHLY recommend this book and the website to all and offer sincere thanks to the team who put it together.
6 people found this helpful