on 21 May 2012
Having several PVRs and computer based TV recorders, I needed to speed up my LAN to get AV recordings to my main 4 core computer for transcoding. A computer engineer recommended this to me, but then he was defeated in his attempts to set it up to work with my computers and PVRs, apparently because it insisted on retaining the network base address to itself, rather than my modem/router.

I've no doubt this may do excellently for the job it was actually designed for, but through searches on Amazon and reviewing the customer product reviews I found my current TP-Link replacement gigabyte switchers, at a fifth of the price, which now do the job brilliantly.

Thank heavens for the Amazon customer product review system, which gave me the answers to my problem that a professional couldn't.

Please disregard my score and comments if this product actually fits your requirements exactly, but it isn't appropriate for my requirement for simple, speedy home LAN networking.
22 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?