on 11 January 2012
In doing a random search on 'Bath Academy of Art' for a present for my Dad, who has everything, I stumbled on this picture and did a complete double-take - the young girl student is my own Mother from about 1959 when she was 18 and studying at the College. I wasn't 100% sure at first as there aren't many pictures of her at that age that I've seen, but the more i looked, the more sure I was - and a bit of research on prospectuses and staff lists showed the woman was teaching in my Mum's time, so I was finally convinced.

The supplier was brilliant, rushed the high-quality print through and got it to me quickly for my Dad's birthday - and he's just rung, quite shaken, to thank me. He had no idea such a thing existed - and neither did I. And on the back of this I also found a website run by Bath Academy alumni so win-win and many hours of happy browsing will doubtless follow.

In conclusion - a bit of research might find something equally amazing as a special gift; I highly recommend it (but not necessarily this picture - that's only special to my family!!).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink