on 2 July 2013
When I recently moved to a larger house with lots of hardwood and tiled floors, I knew my old mop wasn't going to cut it (or at best, take a long time with refills and draining). I decided to purchase the Vax Bare Floor Pro after reading several reviews and recommendations, and the results have been excellent so far.

It is lightweight, compact, and has the knack of just leaving enough water/steam to allow the floor to dry really quickly.

Unlike the marketing video, it doesn't exactly glide around hard floors (using the standard pad). To use it's probably more akin to hoovering, not exhausting but certainly not easy if you've got a bad back or are particularly frail. Obviously easier than a mop though! I've yet to use the detergent, but my kitchen floor has some paint stains which I'll be keen to see gone. Will report back when I've used it a few more times.

One gripe - the included velcro pad is great, but it would have been nice to have 2-3 pads in the box given the high price of the unit.

p.s. I'm not sure why people have been having issues taking the water tank out/putting it in- I didn't find this hard at all.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink