I've been using Corel products for 15 years or so, and overall, have been quite satisfied. I purchased a couple versions of their... I believe the name was Photo Shop... mainly for personal use, but also for limited professional use. Even back then (like at the beginning of time, software-wise), Corel provided more features than a mere "duffer" could possibly use. And if memory serves me correctly, the price was well over a $100. So... when Vine offered me this software for review, now with the changed tag-line that clearly states it is provided to Vine reviewers for free... I had to say yes. And even at the current stated sale price of $71.00, it is a great bargain.

Markets are "segmented," we hear. And the one that I sit in is a fairly large niche for this product. I have hours and hours of tapes taken, when my children were in their infancy, with a video camera so heavy that I had to place the main unit in a backpack and wear it. And then there are still the thousands of slides, taken on film, of the children and travels, which require digitizing. It is important to note that this Corel product will NOT accomplish those tasks, which require some additional hardware and software, which becomes cheaper by the day. What this product WILL accomplish is to make the conversion effort well worthwhile, since you can edit out the "bad stuff," like when you were focusing on the floor. And the end product will become much more "professional" looking, with easily added captions. And then, for the slides, this provides a spiffier, enhanced slide show than Powerpoint.

I found that the program loaded easily on my Windows 7 computer, 64-bit, 2 Gigs of RAM. And it operates smoothly. As one other reviewer said: who reads the manual nowadays? True enough. I found the navigation bars intuitive, and they worked flawlessly. I even made my first (rudimentary) slide presentation. It was encouraging to note from other reviewers that videos can easily be made, and uploaded to YouTube, "seamlessly." As a Vine reviewer, in addition to receiving a free copy, it should be noted that Amazon requests that a review be posted within 30 days of receipt of the product. Thus, neither I, nor any of the other reviewers, can claim extensive experience with the product. However, I'll come back in a year or so, and amend this review with my experience.

For now though, the stimulus has been applied, and I'll be organizing that substantial backlog of memories to a much more useable and permanent format. 5-stars.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.