on 12 October 2011
....this isn't land of grey and pink. If (as i did) you buy this thinking your going to get more of the early 70's caravan... you'd listen to this once and then never again. I bought this originally in 1989... listened to it once. Thought it was rubbish. Then....dug it out again 20 years later... and decided to try again. And it hasn't changed - so I must have. I now say "It is a good record". These days I listen to it regularly. Bits of it stick in my head and I find I have to put it on. It was always criticised for being more commercial...but there is a great deal of complex playing in what at first appear to be simple songs.
If you like cunning stunts then there is nothing on this record that strays far from that mid 70's feel. Excellent use of the electric viola. Richard C is such an inventive yet no nonsense drummer. I'd happily recommend it. it took 20 years...but eventually I think I can say.... it was worth buying.
What's this?