on 19 May 2011
I haven't read Munro before and it didn't take long to warm to her writing. My problem was that I didn't realise this was a collection of short stories and the more I read the more I was waiting for all the stories to tie-in with each other. I got so involved in the characters and as each new character/story evolved I was desperate for the link. When this didn't happen I was frustrated. My initial thought was 'why'. Each story was so good, I just felt cheated that they were so short, surely each could have made a book in their own right.

On reflection, once I realised that they were indeed short stories, I admired the writer all the more for packing so much into each story and for making me relate to the characters.

I am still left with the feeling that I want more though.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details