on 10 May 2012
I bought this book because I had a fat quarter bundle of fabric that I didn't quite know what to do with! Unlike many of my best laid plans, this is actually taking shape!

This book takes you through the basics, slowly leading up to more advanced techniques, tells you all about equipment, different techniques (each part shows you how to do things a number of different ways using both hand and machine sewing). Being dyspraxic I often find it hard to teach myself anything from a book and other craft books have left me confused with unclear diagrams and overly complicated instructions. Not this book! Everything is set out clearly, with nice photographs, and simple step by step instructions. It's also not afraid to repeat itself, and often will show a technique in more than one section of the book, which I think is great because it can be so hard to have to flick from one section to another to try and finish part of a project.

I've shown this book to friends and had to refuse to loan it to them because I use it so much!!! If you're thinking about buying a quilting book, whether you're a new learner or an old hand, I'd recommend this one hands down!
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?