on 29 July 2005
I have to be completely honest here. Purchasing this Firefly boxset is probably the best buy I've ever made.
Although I'm a fan of Whedon's other works, I was at first very reluctant to watch this show. I'm not a fan of your typical sci-fi show, nor am I a fan of Westerns, and so a show that had been advertised to me as a 'western in space' didn't hold much appeal. It wasn't until after meeting with a large group of existing Firefly fans, all of whom raved about it like there was no tomorrow, that I caved in and ordered myself a set.
I can only wish that I'd done so sooner. All the time I had wasted worrying about the concept disappeared from my thoughts the moment the first episode began. Never before have I seen a show that's so captivating. The characters are all realistic and loveable in their own unique ways, the situations are strangely believable and extremely engaging, and after just a few episodes, you become so engrossed in the storyline that there is nothing you want to do more than watch 'just one more' to see what happens next.
I've yet to find somebody who hasn't fallen in love with this show. The set is well worth the money, as not only will you find yourself rewatching it many times, but you'll be getting friends and family to watch it as well. With the feature film Serenity, the next installment in this tale, coming out in September, there has never been a better time to watch this.
Do yourself a favour, and buy Firefly today. Trust me - you won't regret it.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?