on 25 March 2013
I first saw this product on the TV series Breaking Bad, Jessie, a single guy and a bit of a party animal had one. I now know why. I am single and not in the same party league as Jessie but I do hate domestic chores. I did do extensive "web" research on this product as none of my friends have ever admitted to owning one.

Most comments did say do not get rid of your conventional vacuum .... true! You need your conventional vacuum for touching up or getting to areas the Roomba can't (stairs etc). I used the conventional vacuum to get at particularly neglected areas 'before" I scheduled the Roomba to do its thing. It now vacuums my floor 5 times a week (5 times more than I used to do it) whilst I am at work and it does a very good job. I do not have a deep "pile" carpet it is more like "office" carpeting and tiled areas which seems to be perfect for the Roomba. I empty it's bin twice a week. First time I used it I emptied it more regularly (as the floors were dirtier). I also clean the rollers etc every week (takes ten minutes). I don't have pets so animal hair is not an issue in my place.

If you are not a domestic god/godess then seriously consider this product ... some of the best money I have ever spent.
It does appear to be well built and sturdy, although time will tell. I will post any problems that may arise. If you follow the instructions I don't foresee any problems. It comes with a "lighthouse" that stops it entering areas you don't want it to. It also comes with a spare filter and brush/roller cleaner. It functions as a "bumpbot" but this is not anything to worry about as the sensors slow it right down before it touches the obstacle with its bumper/sensor.

It does not tangle on wires although it will move them out of place, so it is best to lift them out of its path or arrange them off the floor.

As said ... brilliant product for someone who hates to waste time vacuuming. No I haven't given it a name!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink