on 18 April 2012
This book was very readable. Once I'd started it I hardly put it down. But after a short time since I finished it I'd be hard pressed to answer the question of Why my faculties are being creatively disrupted. So Nick didn't do a very good job with this question despite it being in the title. A cynical answer would be that such disruption is in the commercial interests of the internet organisations leading the assualt on our minds. Nick Bolton has a vested interest in the internet future he is writing about so how can I trust him to be unbiased? Are Social Networks really creating communities that rival Nations in grabbing our allegiance? Do I really want to give up to the drive to monitor what I am doing online in order that my internet experience can be improved?

I started this book very much resistant to its message. I hung on to my resistance throughout. So, I wasn't a very good disciple, I'm afraid.

If you are ready to surrender, then give yourself over to Nick's message without resistance. You will enjoy it. Otherwise, hold on tight and don't be taken in!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink