on 17 October 2013
So these earphones have a tough act to follow as I am comparing them directly to the last 3 sets of earphones I had - a £100 pair of Skullcandys, a £40 pair of Sennheisers and the best earphones I have owned to date, the ~£35 soundMAGIC E10s

The Bob Marley Redemptions are definitely the best in terms of overall sound quality - I listen mostly to rock and metal and the definition of bass and treble on these earphones is exquisite. It is also possible to use full power (EU regulations by-passed on my iPod) without any noticeable loss of definition or crackling. These earphones sound pretty amazing then, right? Yes, they are, however, there is always a downside. While you can listen on full power without loss of quality, the max volume available is not as great as with the soundMAGIC E10s or the Skullcandys. The trade-of is that with the Skullcandys and E10s, there is a noticeable loss of quality and slight crackling at max volume.

People talk about the design and materials of BM Redemptions and they are correct - these earphones look and feel different to any others I have owned. I like the unusual materials and the green ethics behind their usage. What else? The cable is long enough for me (I am 6ft 2), never seems to get tangled badly and has a right-angle connector. The only things missing IMO are a clip for clothing and an adjuster for the length of cable between ear-piece and where the cable forks, but these are minor gripes.

Overall if you can find these earphones at the same price as the E10s I would go for the BM Redemptions, especially if you don't always listen on full volume and you listen to a diverse range of music styles. I am delighted to own both.

- Review updated:

These earphones are MUCH better with iPhone than with iPod. Honestly, if you listen to music on your iPhone, buy these earphones - all of my above power concerns are blown out of the water on iPhone. They are now so loud I have to listen at 4 ticks below max volume, whereas on iPod I have the volume turned to the max and still want more.

Bob Marley Redemptions for iPhone, soundMAGIC E10s for iPod.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.