on 9 April 2012
I bought the Alias box set back in 2009 having never watched an episode but it was recommended by a friend so I thought I'd give it a go.... I'm so glad I did!! I've just finished watching it for the second time and it was just as brilliant as it was the first time! I'm not one for writing reviews and have never done so before but I had to comment on this amazing tv series, it had me glued to the tv from the very first episode and I had to keep watching them back to back!

In a nutshell, Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) is a secret agent working at SD-6, a secret branch of the CIA. When her boss, Arvin Sloan, has her fiance killed after finding out that Sydney told him she's a secret agent, she finds out that SD-6 is not actually a part of the CIA but a rogue agency that her own father works for! She goes to the real CIA headquarters with this information only to find that they already know, they show her how big the rogue organisation really is and she becomes a double agent to help take them down!

If you've never seen Alias and are thinking of buying the box set, I highly recommend you do it - you won't be disappointed I promise! I've also just finished watching the complete Prison Break and Dexter box sets and although I thought they were great, they don't compare to Alias! Just be prepared to have no social life - you'll find yourself making excuses to not go out so you can stay in and watch these episodes back to back!
8 people found this helpful