on 11 May 2007
arrived in the post, I was busy as hell finishing a piece on deadline. Within minutes of opening it up however, I became so gripped I had to take to my bed - with it and the largest packet of crisps I could find, naturally - only to emerge when I'd read it cover to cover. Having achieved almost nothing on the work front, I at least came down the stairs with a massive smile on my face.

Funny, accessible, shot through with excellent quotes and tips from myriad writers, journalists, agents and publishers, the best thing about it is Jane Wenham-Jones's friendly tone. Reading it feels like a knowledgable, fun and only slightly alcoholic mentor is gently guiding you through the various steps on the road to not only writing a manuscript, but also the best ways of getting agents and publishers to notice the damn thing.

I thought it was so perfectly thorough without being off-putting in the slightest that I immediately sent a copy to a 'wannabe writer' friend. She just phoned and thanked me for 'the best present' I've 'ever' given her. Nuff said!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details