on 25 July 2005
I thank God for this reissued lost classic. I had heard of it as a child in Northern Ireland and we even had a boy from England in our school who seen it and even leant me a novel of it and I got a feel for it through that, but no such priviledge of actually seeing it for us Irish. I never even heard the title theme tune played on radio.
It was 'The Secret Service' allright! 'Top secret!'
I would realy have loved to have seen this as a child and to see it repeated as the other Gerry Anderson series were too throughout the seventies, eighties and beyond.
Take my word for it this is going to be very popular again amoung Anderson fans. Great scripts great humour and the live action works well with the puppet action.
I, like so many sixties children just loved Stanley Unwins Gobbledegook speech and it is used well here in the series.
Its a pity the series was not made to its full length but who's complaining at least we got this much.
Network have done their useuall excellent job in remastering the pictures and sound.
I look forward to their reissues of 'The Saint', 'Dangerman' and the long waited 'Department 'S'. Also if you like these great action series try also 'I Spy' with Bill Cosby and Robert Culp it is excellent but I Spy is only available in American Region 1 format.
Also try checking out 'Space Patrol the complete series' another lost sixties classic puppet series also on Network and its creator Roberta Leigh also worked with Gerry Anderson in the past. Check out its extra feature pilot film called 'The Solarnauts' which I think is one of the greatest science fiction episode ever.
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details