on July 14, 2004
I adored this book. As a Francophile and animal lover of indeterminate age, I found much to identify with in this witty and compulsive account of the adventures of Susie after her move to France. My husband and I have often dreamed of moving the the French countryside and "downshifting" out lives in the same way as Susie and Terry - I cant say that Susies book encouraged me further - there were certainly pitfalls I hadnt even imagined - but it made absolutely fascinating reading nonetheless!
I am very surprised by the review which calls it depressing - I found myself captivated by Susies humour, and snorting in a most unbecoming manner on the 8.15 into London every morning.
Please, please buy this book! The price of books nowadays hardly make it a gamble, and I truly believe you, like me, will find one of those precious authors who leave you obsessively searching the internet for more books, and fretting until they produce another one!
0Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?