on 10 May 2013
This third instalment of the Edna Davies mysteries sticks to the same formula as the others - a cozy murder mystery that isnt't too taxing but is enjoyable, especially the way the characters & their relationships are written. It doesn't surprise & the plot twists are obvious long before they are revealed but equally as well, its a light, relaxing read. The writing is much tighter in this instalment and the story bobs along nicely.

Although I thought this the best of the novels, as you would expect on a third one, I still got a little fed up with the needless repetition and overly explained actions in places. So, I've read all three, given it a good go and enjoyed the stories, but I think for me I'll leave it there now, as they just don't hold me enough to want to carry on with future instalments. However, I would still recommend them to fans of the cozy murder mysteries, as everyone is different in what grabs them.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink