I was introduced to strong drink as an infant by my dear mother (Woodward's Gripe Water 150ml, original formula, in case you were wondering, but it was anything but H2O I can tell you). However, after a long and painful journey with the AA (no, not the Automobile Association, though they've towed me home many a time before I was banned from driving) I became a lifelong teetotaller. Until yesterday, that is.

Upon reading review after favourable review of Barrettine's Methylated Spirit 500ml my long-repressed thirst for the demon drink has been reawakened. Finally I could take no more and succumbed to temptation. The beauty of buying (the slightly inferior) Rustins Methylated Spirits 250ml (Barrettine's was out of stock) is that the bottle can be stored in the bathroom cabinet without anyone suspecting you've slipped off the wagon.

So I spent last night in Casualty while they pumped my stomach, operated on third degree burns of my innards, and generally treated me for methanol poisoning, but I think my secret is safe. I had to ask my carer to go home and get me fresh underwear and also my toothbrush and bottle of Domestos Total Blast Citrus (for soaking my dentures) but she didn't suspect a thing.

Any idea when Barrettine's 500ml will be in stock?
0Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?