4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - not all CD's have full 12 tracks, 13 Oct. 2009
This review is from: She Wolf (Audio CD)
I today received the new "She Wolf" CD from Shakira and anticipated to listening to the full 12 tracks as mentioned. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that the version provided by Amazon.co.uk, was not shrink-wrapped and only contained 10 tracks. The tracks missing are "Lo Hecho Está Hecho" and "Años Luz". I will be contacting Amazon.co.uk and making further inquiries about this. The 10 songs I could listen to were excellent and the 4 stars reflects the fact that 2 promoted album songs were missing on my version.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Oct 2009, 11:29:54 BST
Agree with you. Only got 10 songs, in the copy I received. ; (

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2009, 15:35:15 BST
Yo Adrienne! says:
Was there any indication from the package that these songs were missing or was it not until you played the actual disc? I am awaiting my delivery and wondering whether there is anything to look for...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2009, 16:37:28 BST
Sparky says:
There are only 10 songs displayed on the back CD cover and, of course, only 10 songs available to play. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any indication on the external packaging.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2009, 20:00:23 BST
Last edited by the author on 15 Oct 2009, 17:23:13 BST
Paul says:
All British copies of the CD only have 10 tracks on. The two 'missing' tracks are Spanish versions of "Did It Again" and "Why Wait". I returned mine for a full refund, since it wasn't as advertised. I re-ordered from Amazon.de and the CD arrived today with all 12 tracks. Seems the rest of Europe get the 'proper' version.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2009, 22:32:17 BST
Yo Adrienne! says:
May I ask, did your UK order come from this "Indigo" place that Amazon UK references? Or did it come from Amazon UK...? As I am in the US, it would be interesting to know if this accounts for any difference...mine has not yet arrived, so I don't know which one I'll receive, but will let you know...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2009, 17:24:40 BST
Paul says:
Yes, it came from Indigostarfish, which is Amazon's distribution centre in Jersey. They sell UK CDs, though. All shops here in the UK are selling the 10 track CD as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2009, 18:42:53 BST
Yo Adrienne! says:
Just received my copy...you're right, Paul, it's the 10-track version...I will probably keep it (too much hassle to return it and I needed it in a short time-frame). Thanks for your suggestion about having ordered yours through Amazon.de...I will definitely keep this in mind for the future--comparing the different "Amazons" for versions (though, Amazon.co.uk had been listing the full 12-track version at the time I ordered!).

Posted on 20 Oct 2009, 21:16:45 BST
A. M. Ahmed says:
Hey all, if you check out Shakira's official site, the US version will have the two bonus tracks (or Special Edition as they call it), so the Euro versions are supposed to have only 10 tracks, it is NOT a mistake.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2009, 16:56:10 BST
Yo Adrienne! says:
Saw that...when I ordered my copy from Amazon UK, it listed all 12 songs at that time...it has since been changed to reflect the absence of those two songs. Personally, I hate it when artists release different versions in different countries (and yes, I recognize that it is frequently the record company--not the artist--that makes this decision)...rather frustrating for us consumers who just want to be able to listen to all of the music of our favorite artists without having to purchase multiple copies...

On a happy note, I really love this CD...it's a great effort...Happy listening all!

Posted on 21 Oct 2009, 17:26:15 BST
Film_Fan says:
I also ordered the 12 track CD but only received the 10 track version. I complained to Amazon but they claimed that that have NEVER advertised the 12 tracks & that I must have seen it elsewhere!!! I don't mind mistakes being made, but I wish they wouldn't try to shift the blame.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›