on November 24, 2012
Luckily I purchased this item as part of the Black Friday deals and therefore I only paid £22.00 for the hamper. If I had paid the full price of (at this moment in time) £38.00 I would have been extremely annoyed.

First the good points, the hamper is nicely presented in a sturdy black box of which a gold ribbon (not red like in the picture) had been used to secure it. This made for an attractive looking box that could easily be given to someone as a gift without need for further wrappings - just stick a label on it and you are good to go.

The items inside all look to be of good quality and that they should be quite tasty - plus there is a good selection of items inside the box.

Now for the negative points. This really is my own fault, I should have looked at the product description more fully, but as it was a Black Friday lightening deal, I only had a few minutes in which to complete the transaction (Note to self, next time carry out research in advance of the lightening deal start time!). The items inside are all rather small, which therefore makes them not very good value for money. The pot of jam and salsa are only about 1/3 the size of standard jars. The chocolates box is 125g which in other words is about the equivelent of the top tray in the half pound box of Milk Tray (other chocolate brands are available). I would estimate that the total value of items in this hamper, if purchased individually would cost no more than around £13.50 - and that is me being generous with pricing. If I had paid the full amount of £38.00 I would have been kicking myself and extremely unhappy.

That said though, if you are buying for someone else as a gift, they won't know the cost and will hopefully appreciate the attractiveness of the item.
0Comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?