on 20 November 2013
I'll start my review with the packaging, as this was the first thing i came into contact with. It's a simple brown (uncoloured) cardboard box, with a small thick paper overlay on the middle to keep it in place properly. It has a very nice "eco" feeling, and even if simple it has a quite nice and outstanding impact.

Upon opening, it was a nice unfolding paper cut-out with an xmas offer ( I assume will be removed in later batches), then the battery and cable each wrapped individually, the pouch and the typical booklets. The battery itself has a nice and smooth black finish, with a gloss finish on the connector sides and opposite. The pouch does a nice job to keep in one place the battery and the small cable provided (see below for details regarding the cable).

I was quite surprised that when I took the battery out I shook it a bit and the LED charge indicator lit up with a FULL CHARGE ! I wasn't really expecting that, but rather a long night spent charging it, so another white ball here. The manual states that while charging, it might lose up to 20% of capacity due to heating (I might be wrong regarding the percentage as ... come on don't judge me no one reads those manuals!). I haven't really tested it as there was no need to recharge it yet.

I used it to charge my PS Vita and it did an amazing job (the 9000mAh version). It went from nearly 60% to 100% as fast as it would do through the wallcharger, so nothing to complain here. It didn't used more than 1/5 of the portable battery so I assume there's plenty of juice in there for 2 charges at least; will edit the review if it's less, will find out quite soon when I'll fly back home. There are 2 ports provided, a Smart one used for devices requiring high mAh values and provides a fast charge, and a normal one that provides slower charges for devices under 3 or 2.8mAh I think.

The connector provided is USB at one end and MICRO USB at the other, with a micro USB to iDevice plug (up to the 4th generation will fit so no iPhone 5, 5c/s, iPad Air, iPad Mini or iPod 5th gen). It's quite short, not sure it has more than 10-12 cm.
To be honest, it would be nice if Anker would see this and consider increasing the price a bit but adding a wall plug as well. It would really make for a definitive and must-have package!

To sum it up, it's a perfect charger and I'm glad I chose this one in favour of the PS Vita portable charger which was a bit more expensive and I had no guarantee will charge my iPhone properly as well. Kudos to Anker
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?