on 6 March 2011
This is well worth the effort as the story telling is told with skill and humour. There are one or two sharp twists of mood that can catch you unawares adding to the hidden undercurrent of Indian social and cultural satire at times. I enjoyed the uninhibited emotional moments and the strong theme of all the interlocking stories and the way they are told. Yes, one or two places stretch credulity but the scale is epic and it seems part of the ironic style I think, so does not detract from the enjoyment of the whole. I enjoyed the pastiche of Bollywood dance and song cropping up as well.

I would have liked more of the stunning Ladakh scenery and recognized the Manali Road with a wry smile having been blocked from getting up it over 10 years ago, by a landslide in the rains, to get to Ladakh, and never got there. I gather the star, Amir Khan went back there after the terrible events that happened in Leh with the flooding in the summer (2010) and sang "All is well" to the children which I found a touching story and made me want to see the film. It wasn't what I was expecting but its scale and epic story telling drew me in and I really enjoyed it. It will probably appeal to people with some knowledge of Indian society and ways and some of the humour is more geared to young men in their 20s but there is something for everyone really and a serious point behind it about the over-expectations we all put on ourselves and others and how we judge based on that.

This particular edition has 2 DVDS with 1 with special features that I am really looking forward to seeing as well.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details