on 9 February 2013
I am used to the top class quality of 60ts soul compilations from Adey and Kent, but I believe this is the best yet. From the mind blowing original version of I Can't Hold On with the unbelievable tambourine playing by Jack Ashford, to the best instrumental I have ever heard, She'll Be Leaving You by the Pied Piper Band. The vocal on the RCA CDs was by Willie Kendrick...this is just world class musicianship at a frantic pace, Move over All Turned On and Sliced Tomatoes and I never thought they would be bettered.

The Lorraine Chandler I Hear Music is new to me and also brilliant, as is every LC outing.

I could go on, but this CD has 22 winners out of 24 tracks and is already in my top 3 of Northern Soul compilations. Well done Adey and Kent but why do we have to wait 12 months for volume 2???
2 people found this helpful