on 3 October 2008
I cannot describe just how much I have enjoyed this collection, and I highly recommend it.
As a child I spent many happy hours stacking up my parents' late 50s and early 60s singles onto a real record player (not a tarty modern 'turntable'), and for ages I searched for a CD compilation that not only included the tracks I remembered, but also captured the musical spirit of the times.
Although I had not heard of many of the 101 tracks on this album before buying it, I now listen to all of it constantly. I defy anyone to get bored of this, covering as it does a great variety of different musical styles from the mid 50s to the early 60s.
Even Cliff Richard is great!
My children also love dancing and singing along to many of the songs, which they have never done when we put Radiohead on.
11 Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?