VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 October 2013
I received this free to read and review.
Although described as a guide for bluffers I saw this more as a light hearted look at the history of motoring from earliest times and even a glance into the future. I liked the style of writing and quite a bit made me chuckle if not laugh out load. However all of the information given is accurate and if you know nothing about motoring you will learn a lot from this.
The weakness for me was the length, it is not a long book only 66 pages, and as such much is missing I would have liked to see it much longer and containing more. As couple of small example it explains manual and automatic transmissions but no mention of pre-selector gearboxes, which were great fun to put it mildly. Also the development of Ford was covered but I was surprised that the quote "People can have it in any color so long as it is black" was missing, it is an inaccurate statement as the Ford T was available in many colours initially.
Despite what seems like a criticism above I really liked it and although I know a fair bit about cars, I am probably one of those "mechanics" described in the book that could fix a solenoid with a hammer (yes it did work), I still learnt a lot from it.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?