on 10 October 2007
Okay, first up, to state my allegiances, I LOVE THIS BOOK!

I'm an aspiring entrepreneur, holed up in an incubator center, I think I know my technology, my market and my cash flows, but I've been getting the hot flushes at the prospect of entering the arcane world of VC.
Will I do something dumb and give away my company to some VC who's smarter than me, will I ever raise money, how do I get impartial advice (in the VC world where everyone seems to have a vested interest).....

What I like about this book is that it gives a structured, and methodical roadmap, it's not burdened down by jargon, and I'm actually able to follow the approach and take real actions based on the guidance Berkery gives.
I've been able to set out the stepping stones for my company, and yes, we're starting to hit them.
I went back over our business plan having read the book, and made a few "minor adjustments", particularly based on the risk dynamics discussed in the book.

Clearly, this guy has been around the block in the VC world, and he's been pretty good about sharing the insider info with us.

Will we raise funding after following the advice in the book? Dunno, but I definitely feel like I'm in control of our process now, and am better armed to face the VC dragon.
I've been boring the other guys in the incubator alongside me about this book, they've pretty much all now got a copy and have been converted into Berkery disciples

Okay, that's the good bit, what's there not to like about the book?
Not a whole lot to tell the truth.

The title is a bit geeky, don't let it put you off.
........and, that picture of the author just gives me the shivers!!
He looks just like the type of guy who'd mercilessly take you apart each and every month over not hitting your targets!!!
What's this?