5.0 out of 5 stars The last full season of the best TV show ever, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Farscape Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I know many Farscape fans consider Season Three to be 'the best' of the Farscape seasons; I can't argue with that view, because Three IS a fantastic season with some truly innovative plot twists and highly emotional scenarios.

However, I have to say that several of my personally superlative Farscape moments come from Season Four.

Two of my favourite laugh-out-loud moments occur in this season -- including one which actually had me out of my seat and punching the air with sheer glee! Season Four also contains one of the most gut-wrenching, but stoically underplayed farewell scenes anyone can imagine, as well as the moving conclusion to Season One's primary story arc. Then there is the most thought-provoking and topical Farscape episode of them all: A Constellation of Doubt -- which ought to be required viewing in every school in the land.

Even the totally unexpected oh NO! moment which served as the season's cliffhanger ending -- which WOULD have been the actual ending of Farscape itself, had its fans not raised enough racket to get the mini-series made -- was a cracker. I could ALMOST have lived with it ...almost...

So ...do I give Farscape Season Four a 5-star rating, same as all the other seasons? You bet.

Farscape lives for me, in a way that other series can't hope to touch. My sense of total engagement with the story begins with the opening episode of Season One (Premiere) and carries on to the last frame of Peacekeeper Wars. Farscape has got everything. I am green with envy for anybody who will buy all five boxes of this re-issued DVD collection, and settle down to watch this show for the very first time. What a treat you have in store!

[Add comment]