on 20 November 2007
I noticed another review, which gave "The Joy Diet" a single star and noted that no single menu or diet will grant you happiness. And I agree with the notion that happiness-in-a-jar isn't realistic, but I don't see "The Joy Diet" as a quick solution.

Reading "The Joy Diet" I literally smiled and aha'ed a lot. I already know a lot of the issues, that Martha Beck addresses in the 10 menu items. I know that when I am stressed out, it is a good idea to have a time out and do nothing or that laughter is a great pick-me-up. These are just things that I keep forgetting - and therefore sometimes need to be reminded about.

The humorous packaging is hilarious and down to earth, which I really appreciate until most self-help books written by more or less pompous Messiahs.

So rather than happiness-in-a-jar I see "The Joy Diet" as a happiness-buffet with different inspirational menu items to get a step closer to happiness.

Louise
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.