on 28 April 2011
I had previously used bagless cleaners and found them ok but when it came to emptying them it was a nightmare. Dust went all over the place and bits of fluff and dust stuck to parts of the dust box. And of course some of it inevitably got up my nose!

The minute you switch this on you know it is 'the business'. You can just feel the power when you start moving it around. Out of curiosity I tried it on a floor rug first and then I had a quick look in the bag. I was surprised and horrified in equal measure. Surprised, because I just gave a quick run over it and within seconds it had sucked up dust. Horrified, because of the amount it had sucked up. It made me realise how much we underestimate the amount of dirt and dust lurking in rugs and carpets.

The following day I decided to do a complete 'spring clean' of the house. In the process, I used it on all the floors along with furniture and I also got to use the various tool attachments. It did a superb job. Most of the time I just pointed the machine in the direction of the dust and it just sucked it up from a few inches away. The tools are easy to use and the great thing is that they stow away very neatly on the machine body. I even used it on marble stairs in the house and it worked perfectly.

Make sure though that you read the short leaflet about using the machine. It shows you which settings to use on different surfaces e.g. short-pile carpets, rugs, tiled floors etc.

It is heavier than machines I had before but that is not a problem for me. That said, for a person who may not be able to manipulate heavy appliances it might be worth thinking about something lighter. Although, I found that despite being about 7kg in weight it glides around very easily. Ultimately, I think it would only be a challenge, weight-wise, for someone who would have to lug it up and down several stairs as part of their regular regime.

Overall, outstanding value for money. And as a Spanish resident it is even better value considering that it was delivered free! The only thing was that it was held up in Customs for a few days and I ended up paying a modest enough charge for customs tax.
0Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?