on 9 October 2013
I had been using UE Triple-fi 10s for over five years when, finally, the sound started to go from one channel (and a replacement cable made no difference). Having had such reliable service from the TF10s (when I had previously gone through two pairs of Shures in less than three years) I knew that I wanted to stick with UE, and I really wanted the 900s, but I was put off by the price. I did lots of research into other brands and nearly drove myself crazy trying to decide but, in the end, I knew the indecision was being caused by the fact that I really wanted these.

I'm happy to report that since I received them any misgivings I had about the price have become non-existent. These are fabulous earphones. I have spent the last few days working through my music collection, hearing detail in the songs that I either hadn't noticed before, or hadn't heard in so long that I'd forgotten about them. The sound is crisp, bass punchy, and I have really noticed how well the vocals come through. The soundstage is spacious and really gives the music room to breathe. I was fortunate in that the silicon tips that were on the earphones out of the box are a perfect fit. I briefly tried the Comply tips and another pair of the silicons, but immediately went back to the original ones. The sound isolation is very good indeed, better than the TF10s I find, although I have had to stop myself using them whilst walking along the street as, even with the volume right down, I found I wasn't as aware of my surroundings as I should be. On the tube, though, they are fantastic.

So, excellent earphones. But what I really want to note is Logitech's customer support. The UE 900's come with the blue (mic) cable attached and I was blown away immediately using them as was. But I decided to switch to the black (audio) cable just to check everything was working and immediately noticed a slight bias in the sound towards the left channel. I spent a couple more days listening to this to see if it was my imagination, switched back to the blue cable and found that it wasn't. I contacted Logitech by email and asked them if they had any possible solution, and received a reply within a few hours saying they would send me a new cable without further question. I was very pleased with this - although at this price it is the least you should expect.

Obviously, I can't judge long-term durability as yet, but I would hope that they will last at least as long as the Triple-fi 10s. I will edit my review at a later date should this prove not to be the case.
33 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details