HALL OF FAMEon 27 June 2013
Colour: Slate|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Fitbit monitor is a great bit of kit. In one neat bracelet (that looks like those charity bracelets you can get) you get a little monitor that measures your daily steps and sleep patterns.

Where this comes into it's own is where you tie it in and sync it with the Fitbit website where you can add food eaten that day (annoyingly with an American database of foods, but I have gradually been adding my own) and additional exercise you undertake.

Be aware it pays to be precise with the times of the extra exercise as it will remove steps during this period once you have logged it.

This helps you set weight and step goals and it has encouraged me to take longer routes to destinations and walk instead of drive so I can get my step count up. Good for me and the environment.

The sleep counter is interesting and it shows how many times you wake up and how long for, so it can work out sleep patterns and efficiency. Considering I get up at 4am for work this has been invaluable in monitoring my sleep.

The step counter isn't the most accurate thing ever, but considering other belt or shoe pedometers aren't that accurate either I guess it's a trade off. This seems to do a good job for what it is.

You can also monitor during the day how far into your goals you are (which you can tailor for your own exercise plan) and flashing lights indicate what percentage you have achieved. This is also charged via a USB adaptor and it pays to keep an eye on it's charge level so you can charge it up and not lose any data before you sync it up.

I have a windows phone and have found a generic fitbit app, but you can get official ones for iphones and android that allow you to sync your fitbit flex with the phone app itself. I hope for a Windows version soon.

All in all this is an impressive little unit that helps you monitor your health and exercise and helps motivate you to keep improving and working harder. A bit pricey, but worth it in the long run.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink