on 13 March 2006
Being born in 1976 I have to give credit to my Dad for getting me in to Elton John although it was somewhat subliminal as it was played a lot through my childhood during the late seventies and early eighties. However I picked up this little gem one day when I was around 17, 1993, I had never actually heard it. Dad had it on vinyl but I don’t recall him ever playing it, but for some reason it really grew on me. It got me through some bad times, and when I listen to it now it brings back warm memories of my teen years. It is defiantly one of the best albums I have ever heard, touching, magical, warm, and dramatic and an absolute masterpiece. Possibly one of Elton’s finest works of music, although for some reason it is less well known? There is not one song on this album that I don’t like, right from the melodious "Tiny dancer" (which I recently had played on piano at my wedding) to the melodramatic “Indian Sunset", “Levon” and “Razorface” It just has to be listened form beginning to end! If you like Elton just buy this album, you will not be disappointed!!!
Thanks Elton for some warm memories, oh and my Dad:)x
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details