on 29 July 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Cot Mobile (Baby Product)
I felt I had to downgrade this item by 1 star - I'll tell you the fantastic part of the review and follow with the 'but'.

My baby is 8 months old and has had this on her cot since birth. She loves the sounds (three to choose from including heartbeat) and loves watching the projection on the umbrella attachment. The colours in the projection are lovely and soothing. She even manages to switch the music on herself now.

You can have the music by itself, the music and the umbrella turning or the music and umbrella turning with the projection light. Two volume settings which are great.

Here comes the 'but'.

We decided it was time to remove the umbrella part and have the projection onto the ceiling and we did this today. When we put our daughter to bed we turned everything on to see her reaction. As I leant over to switch it on, I was almost blinded by the projection light. The projection was so big on the ceiling that we lost part of the picture and after watching it for a couple of minutes, I felt sick with motion sickness.

My biggest worry was when my daughter would be able to climb up onto her feet (or even in a sitting position), she could be blinded by the light.

Suffice to say we reattached the umbrella part straight away.

If you're happy to leave the umbrella attachment on then we give this 5 stars. If you want to eventually remove the umbrella then we would downgrade the rating.

Leaving it as it is, with the umbrella attachment, we're sure our daughter will enjoy this mobile for quite some time.

We hope this review helps.
11 Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?