on 4 December 2010
Let me start by saying this is the first William Boyd novel I have read so I can't compare it to his others. I found it enjoyable but it didn't make me want to read any more of his books.

I won't go into the plot in detail, although it was fairly exciting & did keep me reading, so thats a positive.

The characters were fairly interesting but the main problem I had was with the lead protaganist, Adam Kindred. A decent, law abiding guy witnesses a murder & suddenly decides to become a fugitive & live rough rather than go to the police. He then proceeds to be able to dispose of a dead body as if he was taking out the recycling, assume that persons (already false) identity, start a relationship with a police woman & murder someone without a second thought. Unfortunately this did not ring true to me & spoiled my enjoyment of the book.

The ending was also a bit too quick & easy...a bit like this review!
11 Comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?