on 15 July 2012
Nice Cookbook for the experienced SSIS developer. It has useful recipes which I feel do encompass most scenarios one would encounter in the "world" of SSIS development. It will be an asset in any SSIS Library.

I think this book could be used by Learners of SSIS (2012) as well as by experienced SSIS developers, in as much the best way to learn a product is by practical experience and some of the "cook book" recipes tend to be on basics and useful for gaining practical experience.

However (experienced and beginners alike) be aware that I found it difficult to follow some of the recipes from scratch in my test lab; I feel that a certain assumptions have be made on how things work in SSIS and some of the recipes have been written by someone with very knowledgeable SSIS experience, so no "dumbing down" and I think certain steps in the recipes were omitted or not explained clearly. I marked it down to 4 stars because of this factor. A saving grace is they do provide their downloadable solutions from the PACKT publishing site so at least you can get at a correct solution and this I found useful as I could re-engineer the recipes.

Over all, very pleased with the book and I am glad it is in my Library.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details