on 28 February 2007
I liked this album off preview off her site and bought it recently and it appeals with the especial emphasis on the wonderful stringed arabian themes which suffuse some of the tracks. I am particularly into the arabian scales and imagery which evoke exotic locations and she captures the essence of the Celtic and eastern elements very well. For me, a great fusion of the 'folk' elements of both cultures and interesting to hear subliminal influences of some english folk drone backgrounds on tracks like 'the english ladye and the knight' which evoked for me the excellent multi vocal version of 'Traveller's Prayer' by the John Renbourn Group.

Listening to this wonderfully researched and presented journey reminds me of how much of my life I have spent on business trivia when I could have been dedicating it to this kind of art and music immersion.. how I wish I had the time. I lost time listening to this, a genuine trip of ages... some of themes and tunes were so 'familiar' even hearing them for the first time like musical 'inherited' memory!.. makes me realise how much of 'early' music was derived from similar scales and simplicity... unlike today's manufactured Mc Noise. Superb stuff !
What's this?