VINE VOICEon 22 February 2014
Style: 67 inch Monopod|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a monopod. There is a wrist strap, a carrying bag, a screw top to fit into the base of a camera, and a pointed end with a pad which will wind down to give a pad base for indoor work. The handle also has foam for a good grip.

I took this with me a on a daytime tour round the normally hidden parts of a stately home. I was hoping to take some slow shutter speed shots, to create a "ghost" effect. But for the effect to work, it was crucial that the background remained sharp and in focus. I wound down the pad - which meant there was no scratching on polished floors. A larger pad would have been handy. At 5 seconds open shutter I was unable to prevent wobble. At 3 seconds I could prevent the wobble on some shots - and so did manage to get one or two decent ones in.

This is lighter than a tripod, for obvious reasons. But it as three extensions, so will open out to a long length. I found that, once screwed on to the camera, I was able to carry both, with one hand on the camera and one on the monopod. I liked that, it was useful when walking round on a tour. Its also quicker to open out one foot than three! That said, I do prefer the tripod, as I struggled to get the shots I wanted. I would consider it for a tour scenario - but if going to photograph a specific thing, I think I'd stick to the full tripod.
What's this?