13 of 13 people found the following review helpful
Not Much Wrong With This Product,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Boston Bass Guitar Gig Bag: Deluxe Soft Bass Guitar Case with 25mm Padding
Boston Bass Guitar Gig Bag . . .
The Cons :
1. An extra accessory pocket at the "machine heads" end of the case would be useful for e.g. tuners, as most bags seem to have.
2. The carrying handle, while secure and sturdy, could benefit from some padding, especially if your bass weighs a ton and you've got soft big girlie hands like me.
The Pros :
1. Beautifully made.
2. Snug supportive fit where it counts, but plenty of width at the top end so that the extra tuning pegs of a five string bass are easily accommodated (not always the case with some bags)
3. Looks v. good
4. Tremendous depth of padding, plus an additional layer of smooth tough nylon at the headstock end to resist scratching of padding by the tuning pegs and string ends.
5. Big enough for "big body" basses, Jazz Bass, Precision, Yamaha BBs, etc
6. All zips seem pretty secure with snazzy extra bright red tags to grab so you're not fudging blindly around in a dark club for the zip pulls.
7. Competitive price.
A really good bass gig bag, which I'd happily buy again, and would easily earn 5 stars if they attended to the two (very minor) quibbles mentioned at the commencement of this review.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 May 2012, 17:22:01 BST
Mike Flowerday says:
This is a follow-up comment to the review I posted some 14 months back. This bag has been gigged extensively since I reviewed it, and I need to point out that the joins/stitching in places have not stood up too well to the handling and lugging about. It rather seems as though the overlaps allowed between the various panels are very small, and to date I've had to repair it in three places. It's still a pretty good item, but the manufacturer should have been much more generous when they cut the adjoining fabric panels, in my view.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›