on 12 July 2011
I enjoyed this series. I am a professional UK engineer, not a historian or an economist. I found much of the material innovative, thought-provoking, and the description and differences between current major world groups (in terms of geography, history, religion, economic development etc) is very enlightening.

I'm somewhat disappointed to see some critical reviews here by people who seem to put their own view of "errors" by Ferguson as proof that the whole analysis is wrong. There are many facts and also many simplification in the treatise. The history of the world can't be written in a few DVDs! It is impossible to present something as complex as this without simplifications and interpretations; this does not make them wrong. Critics - when you can offer something better, then I for one would be glad to hear of it. Frankly I don't think you stand a chance of doing that. The power of a good analyst is seeing past the fog and perceiving the underlying dominant forces. I think Feguson hits the nail bang on the head.

Well done Prof - you've given me optimism and pessimism about the future. I still believe the world is in for a very rough ride in the next century, but I no longer believe it will necessarily end in disaster for mankind. I think we should all consider some of the optimism and pessimism in your analysis and act accordingly.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details