on 30 October 2012
In response to the recent review by "Mr. M. A. Reed":

I hear ya but you gotta realize this album wasn't produced for home listening (which you confirmed as well) or any other type of listening that we all have grown accustomed to with regards to their music. It's to accompany the film, which I have yet to see. I would strongly suggest waiting to critique the album until you've seen what the music was originally intended for. Orbital is my all-time fav artist (actually saw them on Sat night for Moogfest in NC and they were incredible). Anyhow, I preordered Pusher soundtrack the day it became available and have not been disappointed with it whatsoever. Their previous soundtracks (Event Horizon & Octane) were also not really geared for home listening and many fans were disappointed which I just don't understand. One of Paul Hartnoll's passions is doing soundtracks for movies, which many of the tracks REQUIRE background drone-type, slow moving beats to fit each section of the film. I feel this album is outstanding for what it is, a soundtrack, and now I really can't wait to see the film. It has a lot of ambient-like tracks which makes great listening for me at work or home (relaxing).

The faster paced & other Orbitalesque tracks were obviously my favorites as well. Those being the following:

1. Pusher Theme
6. Cutting And Doing
7. Chase
12. VVIP
13. Heroin Bath
18. Cab To Danaka's
22. Go With The Flow

Do I wish some of these were longer? Hell yes but I'm certainly not gonna penalize them for being short. Now had this album been a normal release by them, I certainly would give it less than favorable reviews. But again, it's a soundtrack and should be treated as such. I spoke to Paul over the weekend and I know for sure, he plans to do more and more of this type work along with possible tv stuff which I'm excited for. Hopefully, they continue making albums but only time will tell.

To any other Orbital fan out there, this is a must have. Just don't expect another Wonky or Blue album or In Sides, etc.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details