on 26 March 2011
(Review from a 14 year old girl)
I crazily went to the midnight launch to get this amazing console (and survived the next day of school) and I have not regreted buying this new console and going out at midnight to recieve it. I opened the box and it felt like Christmas Day again! The size of the console surprised me as I really thought it would be big and chunky but it's quite the tiny thing but that's no need to worry as the screen is very large and the touch screen I would say is the same size as the normal DSi.

When I put my 3DS on I was amazed at the 3D. I really hadn't expected it to be this good. It really is quite something. It is something that cannot be used all the time though as I do experience headaches afterwards when I'm tired, so I recommend to switch the 3D off when you are tired, just like it recommends. The pre-installed software is actually really fun! I have enjoyed throwing tennis balls at my own face and even my parents XD It's a great game and will bring much fun and it really makes gives use to the camera and makes the 3D stand out. I didn't know much about AR as not much was published about it but it's great fun. I wouldn't say you'll spend hours on it but you wouldn't on Face Raiders either but its great fun to play in once in a while. There's not much use with the character cards except for taking pictures of them but still great to use once in a while. I was very happy when I first found out you can create Miis!!!! I love them on the Wii and they're even better on the DS. So far you can use them on only Pilotwings (I might be wrong) but I'm sure Nintendo will be getting more games in support of the Miis!

Now it time to review the controls! I only have two games right now (Nintendogs + cats and Pilotwings Resort) so the controls will be based only on them. As most of you know there is a new circle pad in the 3DS and thats a brilliant new way to control your games. It's brilliant and has a lot of potential. I don't find myself using the normal control pad on the new games but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The touchscreen stays the same expect you wont be using it much because of the 3D being on top. Overall the controls are brilliant and not a let down.

What lets down the 3DS the most is the charge time. Let's just say it's pretty bad but so far mine has wireless turned on, bright screen and full volume. With all of this I have had to charge my DS three times since I got it. I will try to adjust this so I can get the most charge time as possible. But the cradle is great as you can just close the DS and put it on the cradle and charges.

In conclusion the 3DS is brilliant throughout. It has a few bad pointers such as the 3D giving you headaches and the bad charge time but they still are not bad enough to give the 3DS lower than 5 stars for me. It's a must have and a new era of gaming has just begun. The graphics are outstanding and it's just fun to have. No need to hesitate to get it really. Purely brilliant!
Thanks for reading my review!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?