on 23 July 2014
I bought this bag for a cycling holidays a few weeks back.
Before I used to have a lot of different items separately tied to my paniers. That was very time consuming and also a hazzle when I had to unload the bike for putting on a train and then getting all the stuff on as well. So when I saw this bag I went immediately for it. That seemed to be THE solution for my problems.
The first hick-up was that the straps from the full paniers weren't long enough to attach to the trunk bag. I solved the problem in using some old straps I had laying around, which I then attached to the buckle of the paniers. It's a bit of a pain to adapt them every day anew, depending on the load of your panniers, but I am still very pleased with the trunk bag.
What wasn't so nice was that after riding on a really bumpy track for some miles, the loop at the back of the trunk bag riped and so the bag wasn't attached to the saddle post anymore. Luckily I had some straps with me, which I then used to secure the bag to the saddle post.
The trunk bag itself kept my sleeping bag (and the other items I had placed in) absolutely dry while cyling through heavy rain.
What's this?