on 9 May 2011
It is such a pleasure to discover a gifted new writer... I absolutely loved this book. It is beautifully and sensitively written, both moving and funny. I don't have much free time and so if a book drags or simply isn't well written I will give up on it.. but I just gobbled up this book! It is utterly compelling and original, and the characters so convincing that when I finished I felt sad to leave them.. and just wanted more.
I hate reviews that give away the story so I won't do that... all I will say is that this book is about loss and love and what it is to be human... it is written with great compassion and tenderness, underscored with acute observation and humour. Just buy this book and discover it for yourself...you'll be glad you did.
11 Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?