on 22 December 2005
I wanted to hate Kelly Clarkson. My view was that anyone who sang a song with text speak in the title (Since U been gone) was another mindless studio creation to make radio-friendly pop for 12 year olds who want to be mosh but don't like rock. On top of that she was only the product of an American reality music show, and anything from those kind of things is destined to be terrible.
But now, I can admit, I was wrong. No, Miss Clarkson is not an Avril-clone with less talent and more executives writing for her. I was forced to listen to this album by friends (who I made fun of for listening to this album in the first place) and I absolutely loved it. For a girl who prefers her bands unknown and heartfelt, this slab of unpretentious sun-soaked pop tunes made me smile, and cry. I related to the (not very good, but alright) lyrics, I felt myself sigh when I sang along "because of you.." (not out loud, of course), and listening to Clarksons flawless, strong voice singing out about her 'hazel eyes' really was genuinely enjoyable.
Ignore the avril comparisons, this is good music. It's not for everyone, I admit, but it's good. And if you like good music (albeit, not brilliant, not ground-breaking) then give it a chance. You might find yourself pleasently surprised.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details